The Levelator 2.0 a Free Must Have for Any podcast.
What is the Levelator®?
So what is The Levelator®? It’s software that adjusts the audio levels within your podcast or other audio file for variations from one speaker to the next, for example. It’s not a compressor, normalizer or limiter although it contains all three. It’s much more than those tools, and it’s much simpler to use. The UI is dirt-simple: Drag-and-drop any WAV or AIFF file onto The Leveler’s application window, and a few moments later you’ll find a new version which just sounds better.
Have you ever recorded an interview in which you and your guest ended up at different volumes? How about a panel discussion where some people were close to microphones and others were not? These are the problems the post-production engineers of Team ITC here at The Conversations Network solve every day, and it used to take them hours of painstaking work with expensive and complex tools like SoundTrack pro, Audacity, sound Forge or Audition to solve them. Now it takes mere seconds. Seriously. The Levelator® is unlike any other audio tool you’ve ever seen, heard or used. It’s magic. And it’s free.
You’ll believe in magic.
- Requires Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Download The Levelator® for Windows (version 2.0.3)
- Requires OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later
- Download The Levelator® for OS X (version 2.0.3)
- Built and tested on Ubuntu (Feisty Faun)
- Requires Python 2.5 and wxPython
- Download The Levelator® for Ubuntu Feisty Faun (Python 2.5)
- Will NOT work with Ubuntu Edgy Eft or Python 2.4